Peanut Chicken Satay
Sink your teeth into this delicious and a little bit naughty ‘Satay Chicken’ recipe! Full of healthy fats and protein rich chicken to both fill you up and keep you satisfied. My advice is to purchase some good quality natural peanut butter and steer clear of the sugar/processed filled version. Natural peanut butter will have the healthy fats floating on top, so make sure you stir them in first…
- 1 Cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 500g Chicken breast diced in 3cm cubes
- 1 Tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- bamboo skewers
- Serve with: steamed broccoli + bok choy, sliced cucumber and a raw rainbow salad
- Combine peanut butter, lime juice, tamari, chicken stock and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan.
- Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When peanut butter has melted, season, to taste, with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Preheat grill.
- Chop chicken breast into chunks and fill Skewers with chicken tenders.
- Brush both sides with oil and season with salt, pepper.
- Grill chicken until it is browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with peanut sauce! (yum)